We understand how important it is to look and feel your best for family life cycle events such as weddings, engagement parties and bar and bat mitzvahs.
We offer hair color assesments to make sure your color is perfect on your special day! Is it volume and length you are looking for? Our hair extensions specialists can make sure you get the long luscious hair you always dreamed of. We also provide a wedding hair styling and makeup trial to ensure you get the exact look you have in mind. Our hydrating and hair relaxing treatments are guaranteed to have your hair looking the best they can!
Need some advice on event service providers? Having worked for many years with Toronto’s leading wedding and event-planning professionals, we can provide referrals to event planners, bridal consultants, photographers, speech writers, and musicians.
At Capelli, we go the extra mile to make sure you have a flawless, picture-perfect big day!
We offer the following advice to help you choose the perfect hair style for your special day!
- If you colour your hair, make an appointment for a touch-up two weeks prior to your special event. This timing will ensure that your colour looks just right on the day.
- If you have dreamed of having longer, thicker, silkier or even different textured hair for your special event, make an appointment with one of our hair extensions specialists. We can design the hair you’ve longed for to make sure you look your very best!
- Let us know when you begin the planning process for your special event. Though you may not yet have decided on the look you will want, you may want to improve the condition of your hair. We can design a hair wellness program for you and offer advice on helping you improve or maintain the condition of your hair.
- With so many different event venues available to you, it is a good idea to take into account the physical location of your event when choosing your hairstyle. Loose, flowing curls are often favoured by women planning beach weddings, for example, but remember that a high wind could cause hair that is not at least partially secured to obscure your vision during the ceremony!
And especially for your wedding day
- Creating a new look doesn’t stop with you, even if it is your big day! We can create beautiful new looks for your bridesmaids, sisters and even mothers!
- If you choose bridesmaids and flower girls to participate in your bridal party, it is courteous to let them know your expectations when you ask them. Though you cannot impose a particular hair cut or colour on your friends or family, you can let them know what you would prefer for your wedding before they agree to be a part of the bridal party. This applies to groomsmen as well!
- Choose your accessories before making the final choice on your bridal hair style. This will ensure that all the elements of your look will work well together.
- The veil! Try on your dress with the veil you’ve chosen and experiment with some different styles to get an idea of the look you want. Make sure you take your veil with you to your bridal hair trial so that you are able to see exactly how it will look on the big day, determine how it will be attached, and feel confident it will be secure.
- ALWAYS have a bridal hair and makeup trial, and ensure that the professional doing the trial is going to be there in person on your wedding day to recreate the look you’ve agreed upon. Your wedding day is no time to experiment with a complete stranger!
- Remember, the trial will not only demonstrate the type of work that the stylist produces, but also serves as an opportunity to find someone you can trust and feel comfortable with on your wedding day, when your emotions will be running high, and you may feel excited, nervous or worried. Make sure the people you have chosen to provide services do not add to your stress!
- Once you have finished the bridal hair trial, get up and move around! On your wedding day, you will be getting in and out of vehicles, walking, dancing, hugging and kissing. And remember that photographers will be tracking your every move! If you are having an outdoor wedding, test your style out in the elements, to make sure it will hold up in wind, dampness or humidity. Envision every possible weather scenario and how it might affect you style, so you will feel 100% confident you will look your very best on your wedding day.
- Finally, is the bridal hairstyle you have chosen comfortable? You may look fabulous, but it will not be worth it if you get a headache thirty minutes into your wedding, or you are fiddling with a sweltering mass of long curls on a hot day. Again, use your trial hairstyle as guide. Keep the look in place for the same amount of time as your ceremony and reception will take. At the end of the day, do you still feel comfortable? Do you still look terrific? If so, you are one step closer to being ready for your wedding day!