Keratin hair therapy can give you the healthy, shiny, frizz-free, manageable hair you’ve always dreamed of!
This revolutionary, revitalizing and rejuvenating treatment for the hair eliminates frizz and curl. It is neither a relaxer nor a straightener. And, unlike relaxers and straighteners, it is not a chemical process that breaks the bonds of the hair. In fact, it is gentle enough to be used on all hair types, no matter if it has been coloured, bleached, relaxed, straightened or permed! Special blends of natural keratin and protein help reconstruct and restore the hair shaft, leaving the hair feeling soft, healthy, and luxurious, without the risk of hair damage or breakage.
Straighter, shinier, silkier, more manageable hair!
Frequently Asked Questions
- HOW DOES IT WORK?
- This special formulation restores and restructures hair by infusing a special blend of natural keratin deep into the damaged cuticle. Keratin, a tough, elastic and insoluble protein, is the main protective substance found in our hair, skin and nails. Its strong protective qualities improve the hair inside and out, eliminating frizz while adding strength and elasticity to any hair type. At the same time, this treatment achieves a straightening effect because the added weight of the keratin smoothes and weighs down each strand of hair. The keratin is bonded into the cuticle by the heat of a flat iron to relax the hair’s sub- cuticle layer.
- HOW LONG DOES THIS PROCESS TAKE?
- The process can take two to three hours, depending on the length and thickness of the hair.
- WHAT RESULTS CAN BE EXPECTED AFTER THE TREATMENT?
- The hair will be more manageable and take much less time to style. It will appear longer, and be noticeably softer, shinier and straighter.
- CAN HAIR BE COLOURED BEFORE THE TREATMENT?
- Yes! In fact, it is advantageous to have the treatment directly after colouring or chemically treating the hair. The colour will be sealed in, leaving the hair more vibrant and extending the life of the colour. However, you must wait two weeks to colour your hair after the treatment.
- HOW LONG WILL THE TREATMENT LAST?
- The benefits of the treatment can last up to three months or even more, depending on the type and texture of the hair, provided the client follows all after-care instructions.
- SHOULD THE HAIR BE CUT BEFORE OR AFTER THE TREATMENT?
- We recommend that the hair be cut after the treatment, as the smoother texture of the treated hair will cause it to lie differently on the head.
- CAN I WASH MY HAIR AS USUAL AFTER THE TREATMENT?
- No, you must wait 72 hours before washing your hair or swimming.
- CAN I WEAR MY USUAL HAIR STYLES AFTERWARD?
- During the 72-hour waiting period, you also should not make any impressions in the hair by using bands or clips.
- WHAT SHOULD I DO IF THE HAIR GETS WET DURING THE 72-HOUR WAITING PERIOD?
- Blow dry the area and then use a flat iron.
- HOW OFTEN CAN THE TREATMENT BE DONE?
- The treatment can be done as often as every four to six weeks.
- ARE SUBSEQUENT TREATMENTS APPLIED TO THE ENTIRE HEAD OR JUST TO THE RE-GROWTH?
- Subsequent Treatments should be applied to the entire head , as the build-up of the keratin will continue to improve the hair.
- CAN THE TREATMENT BE DONE ON PREGNANT OR NURSING WOMEN?
- Although no complications have been reported, as a precaution, we recommend waiting until you are no longer pregnant and nursing.
- WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO AND CONDITONER SHOULD BE USED?
- Keratin shampoo and conditioner with keratin are available at our salon. You should use a shampoo without sodium chloride (salts) to avoid stripping the treatment from the hair.
Please feel free to contact one of our keratin technicians if you require additional information. 416.226.5663